Family Steps Coordinator (part or full-time)
For almost 50 years, Ozaukee Family Services (OFS) has been serving individuals and families of all ages through our mission of “improving lives to help individuals and families succeed”. Our non-profit 501(c)3 agency has an opportunity to be a part of a vibrant and dedicated team committed to making a positive difference in the community.
We offer a generous paid time off policy including paid holidays, retirement plan with employer contribution, flexible scheduling, and a warm, collaborative and compassionate work environment.
The Family Steps program utilizes family centered and strength-based interventions with the goal of strengthening the parent-child relationship, assisting parents in improving their skills to increase the family’s ability to problem solve and assume the role of advocate for themselves and their children. Participants are referred from a variety of sources including schools, pediatricians, community agencies, Child Protective Services, and self-referrals. The Family Steps Coordinator provides parenting education and support to parents of children between the ages of 0 – 14 through a combination of home, office, and community visits. Hours are flexible – this could be a part or full-time position (20-40 hours per week).
- Employ social work skills of client engagement, assessment, intervention, empowerment, and evaluation.
- Establish trusting relationships with at-risk families by delivering services that are culturally competent, strength-based, family centered, and family directed.
- Provide service in a way that demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to client cultural values.
- Meet with parents/family through a combination of home and community visits throughout Ozaukee County as well as in our office.
- Advocate for the rights and preferences of families in situations deemed appropriate by family and the program goals and objectives.
- Link assigned families to appropriate community resources and services.
- Engage families to support positive child development and parenting practices through modeling, coaching, teaching and providing positive reinforcement.
- Facilitate behavior modification in family members and develop nurturing family relationships.
- Monitor, document and communicate families’ progress toward achieving service goals.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with other agencies to support family goals.
- Provide scheduled appointments with clients during times that are convenient to the families served.
- Complete timely and accurate paperwork/documentation including progress notes and data for agency reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related human service field. One or more years of experience working with families of diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds in a home visitation setting preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources, or willingness to learn, and capacity to maintain strong working relationships with collaborating agencies.
- Knowledge of child abuse and neglect prevention, child development and positive parenting strategies.
- Respect for families of diverse socio-economic status, race, ethnicity, and ability to engage them in dialogue regarding personal issues.
- Ability to model and redirect parents in their guidance, discipline, and nurturance of their children.
- Ability to engage families and children who are dealing with safety issues and other related problems to improve family functioning with the goal of ensuring positive child development.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgments, problem solve using critical thinking, use supervision effectively and take independent action if needed to ensure child safety.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication and computer skills (Office 365/Microsoft Office Suite).
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, proof of personal auto liability insurance coverage. Personal vehicle must be in good working order. Mileage reimbursement is provided for travel.
- Flexible schedule with availability to work two or more late afternoon/early evening shifts.
HOW TO APPLY:Ozaukee Family Services
Send cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Christine Michaels
4922 Columbia Road
Cedarburg, WI 53012
OR email CMichaels@ozaukeefamilyservices.org
Resumes without cover letters will NOT be considered.