Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting up work area and obtaining appropriate equipment and materials.
- Perform quality inspections on all incoming materials, returns, and non-conforming parts. Other inspections as required.
- Assist internal customers with inventory rotation, quality procedures, and ensuring parts and finished goods are at or above company quality standards.
- Accurate use of measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, and gauge tools.
- Accurately complete written forms and reports including inspection procedures, blue prints, return documents, and quality inspection documents.
- Perform basic computer functions.
- Maintain a clean and functioning work area per 5S standards.
- Perform related duties (including those in areas of production) as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow all company safety guidelines including wearing the proper protective equipment for job assignment.
- Maintain compliance with all company guidelines and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Basic computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to understand written material and ability to write using correct spelling and punctuation; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using fractions or decimals.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Associate degree preferred
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Regularly requires bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving items.
- Regularly requires standing, walking, and/or lifting/handling/carrying materials or equipment of moderate weight (up to 50 pounds).Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, tools with sharp edges, loud noise, chemicals, and fumes which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.