Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for daily preparation of orders for shipment and completion of shipping forms, while ensuring quality and production expectations are met for accurate and on-time completion of customer orders.
- Responsible for setting up work area and obtaining appropriate equipment and materials.
- Accurately select finished goods from stock for shipment using an Intermec handheld scanner.
- Responsible for general fork truck battery maintenance and related documentation.
- Prepare finished goods for shipment. This includes packing, sealing, labeling, stenciling, and preparing goods.
- Accurately complete written forms and reports including packing/shipping forms, bills of lading, and UPS/Fed Ex records, as appropriate for each order.
- Load outgoing shipments and verify carton count according to bill of lading.
- Advise Material Handlers when finished goods approach an out of stock position and manager when supplies need to be ordered.
- Operate material handling equipment, as needed.
- Unload incoming overseas shipment containers.
- Perform basic computer functions.
- Maintain a clean and functioning work area per 5S standards.
- Perform related duties (including those in other areas of production) as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow all company safety guidelines including wearing the proper protective equipment for job assignment.
- Maintain compliance with all company guidelines and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Basic verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively read and follow customer orders and shipping documents.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- Must possess valid driver’s license, as well as the ability to be certified in Class “B” forklift operation.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse setting.
- Ability to understand written material and ability to write using correct spelling and punctuation; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using fractions or decimals.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Regularly requires bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving items.
- Regularly requires standing, walking, and/or lifting/handling/carrying materials or equipment of moderate weight (up to 70 pounds)
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, tools with sharp edges, loud noise, chemicals, and fumes which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.