Performs food preparation based on the Dietary Director’s menu. Serves meals and performs clean-up procedures in the kitchen and dining areas.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Assists in preparation of and/or prepares all food that is on the menu at Willowbrook Place.
• Have common knowledge of storing foods in a commercial kitchen setting.
• Ability to follow proper procedures for those guidelines as outline in the WI FOOD CODE guide.
• Ability to follow proper kitchen procedures for food safety, serving and cooking food and beverages.
• Ability to follow competencies for food and nutrition service employees as outlined by the Association for Food Service Professionals (ANFP) these include by are not limited to: infection control practice/employee hygiene, safety & disaster preparedness, abuse & resident rights, compliance & ethics, menus and nutritional adequacy, food safety and requirements.
• Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, tenderizers, microwaves, etc.
• Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
• Accurately records food temperatures, cooler & freezer temperatures to ensure HCCAP requirements for temperature are in compliance.
• Prepares dishes for staff to distribute to residents in general dining area and room deliveries.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Be a team player help with doing, dishes, putting them away, assisting at the end of shift with duties.
• Responsible for ensuring resident meal requests are accurately recorded and prepared by verifying meal requests with each resident menu. Prepare and Prep all items requested by the resident to ensure that residents are getting adequate meals as selected.
• Ability to meet with residents and be able to identify and know who each resident is.
• Serves prepared food as close to established serving times as possible.
• Removes garbage and recyclables from kitchen.
• Cleans and sanitizes food preparation and equipment/work area, including wall surfaces, counter tops, and kitchenware. Sweeps and mops kitchen floor.
• Washes/sanitizes all cooking utensils and resident dishes using the automatic dishwasher, making sure
temperature gages are providing appropriate levels of temperature for washing/sanitizing dishes.
• Recording dish machine temperatures if the dietary aides have not recorded to ensure proper temperatures for ware washing.
• Ensures all equipment is in proper functioning order and that weekly maintenance/cleaning is performed, including, but not limited to, refrigerator, freezer, oven, toasters, microwave, blender, mixer, dishware, coffee machines, etc.
• After meal service clears dining room tables and prepare tables for next meal service. Prepares menu board for next meal service. Making sure that routine weekly cleaning assignments are completed. Making sure that daily routines are followed and carried out completely before the end of your shift.
• Reports to Dietary Manager or Maintenance any equipment that is not working properly or to specifications.
• Performs duties on both daily and monthly cleaning lists.
• Completes daily prep as outlined on the prep sheets for the next day need to be completed by the end of your shift. Nothing should be left for the next day. Looks ahead on daily prep lists and special events lists and completes work as needed.
• Responsible for putting away stock that comes in on delivery days. Proper rotation using FIFO & dating incoming items when they arrive. Should be aware of when deliveries are coming in and what days they arrive.
• Notifies the Dietary Manger when they have run out or have gotten low on supplies and ingredients, logging those items using the kitchen needs list for things that are needed.
• Ability to relate to residents and staff in a courteous and diplomatic manner under all circumstances.
• Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Willowbrook employees. To ensure adequate staffing, positive employee morale and to meet expected productivity standards throughout the organization, employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
• Attend monthly all staff meetings.
• And other duties as assigned.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: 1 plus years of experience in cooking, preferably in a senior living community.
Other Requirements: Ability to maintain perishable and non-perishable food supplies in accordance with state licensing requirements.
Chamber Matters Newsletter
Are you receiving our Newsletter and Event Invitations?